Holy Family is Immersed in Technology!
Holy Family Regional Catholic School prides itself on providing the necessary technology skills to succeed in today’s world.
Travel through our building and you will find students and teachers engaged in interactive curriculum based technology learning. Teachers and students exchange thoughts and ideas on their classroom touch screen SmartBoards. Lower school students practice math, phonics, reading and science concepts on their individual iPads. Upper school students conduct research, create documents, exchange ideas and construct multimedia projects collaboratively in real time through Holy Family’s Google School using their individual student Chromebooks.
Wacom Draw Tablets
A new addition to our technology equipment is our graphic design Wacom Intous Draw tablets. Students learn how to use a pen tablet to draw, sketch, paint, and edit with natural feel and movement. Students can “sketch and paint to their heart’s content. It’s like having an entire store of art supplies at their fingertips.”
- Official Google School utilizing Google collaborative tools - 1:1 Chromebooks Grades 5th – 8th
- Apple iPad for education - 1:1 iPad Grades 1st – 4th
- SmartBoard Interactive technology in every classroom
- Weekly Computer Skills classes for Grades Pre3 to 4 provide basic operating methods, keyboard recognition, word processing skills, beginners print media skills, internet research methods.
- Weekly Computer Science classes for Grades 5 – 8 provide beginning concepts in graphic design techniques (GIMP) , computer aided design 3D modeling (Sketchup), computer coding methods (Scratch & code.org) video game design (Scratch & Kodu Game Lab), audio editing (Audacity& iMovie), video editing (iMovie & Windows Movie Maker), binary concepts, computer hardware hands on repairs.
- 125 iPads for each individual student in Grades 1 – 4
- iPad cart available for classroom use in Grades 5 – 8
- Chromebooks for each individual student in Grades 4 – 8
- Technology center with student PC desktop computers
- Lab Pack Wacom Intous Draw Blue design tablets
- Google Apps for Education School- collaborative student email, calendar and documents for study anytime, anywhere
- SMART Board interactive technology in every classroom
- OptionC online grading system allowing parents 24/7 access to student grades and more