Holy Family students are offered the opportunity to participate in small-group instrumental band lessons with opportunities to take part in group performances.
The students are placed, by instrument and ability, into groups of 2-8 pupils. Weekly lessons are conducted during the day on a rotating basis so that a student will not miss the same class more than once during a period of several months. (Example: if a student has a 9:00am lesson, it will be at 9:30 the following week, etc.)
Students who wish to participate must maintain a passing grade in all other school subjects in order to continue their participation. The program is also a graded program, so parents will be kept abreast of their child’s progress. Music report cards are given out at the same time that school report cards are issued.
Instrumental Band Music Program
- All students in grades four and above may participate
- Instrument lesson for drums, violin, trumpet, flute, saxophone and more
- Our band program rotates around academic subjects during the school day
- Band provides performances for school assemblies, chapel services, Mass, school concerts, and community concerts
- Beginner and advanced bands
- Band parents pay tuition for lessons directly to the band program
Holy Family’s Instrumental Band Music Program is facilitated by Northeastern Music Programs, Inc. of Glenmoore, Pennsylvania. Northern Music Programs is staffed by professional music teachers who hold at least a Bachelor of Music degree, and who are certified by the State to teach music in schools. All instructors must have criminal and child abuse backgrounds clearances.